Flowers, breakfast in bed, and handmade cards are popular gifts to give to your mother on Mother’s Day. Sunday, May 13, marks the day this year and in honor of mothers here are five fun facts about Mother’s Day:
- Mother’s Day is celebrated all over the world, mainly during the months of March, April and May.
- The word for mother in most languages starts with the letter M.
- Anne Marie Jarvis is the founder of Mother’s Day, but it didn’t become an official holiday until 1915.
- Next to Christmas and Easter, Mother’s Day is the third most popular holiday.
- Red Carnations are the flower associated with Mother’s Day and is meant to honor mothers.
Happy Mother’s Day to our community enjoy your special day! How do you plan on spending this Mother’s Day? Please leave a comment below.
Thanks for reading,
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!