St. Patrick’s Day is coming up on March 17, originally a religious holiday recognizing the patron saint of Ireland, but it’s now a popular festivity all over the world. In celebration of this holiday here are five ways to celebrate this most popular saint’s day.
- Eat traditional Irish food. Corned beef and cabbage is popular among Irish Americans, but in Ireland, potatoes, Irish stew, colcannon, bacon and cabbage are one of the staples of the Irish cuisine.
- Listen or play some Irish music. Traditional Irish pub, folk, or Celtic songs will get you in the Irish spirit!
- Attend your local parade. New York City, Boston, St. Louis, San Francisco, Montreal and many other big cities across the world have great parades.
- Go to an Irish pub. Many pubs and bars plan St. Patrick day theme parties, with special beers, food and music.
- Watch Father Ted. A classic Irish comedy about three priests, and a housekeeper living off the west coast of Ireland. If you dig Irish humor you’ll be quoting this sitcom.
What ways do you plan on celebrating St. Patrick’s Day? Feel free to share with the community below!
Thanks for reading,
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!