On Yahoo! Answers, there are lots of ways to receive recognition for hard work, quality Answers, and interesting Questions—they take can take the shape of thumbs up, stars, or Best Answers– these are all controlled by you, the Answers community.
In addition to this, Yahoo! Answers also has something called the “Best of Answers” module. This rotating module featured on the Answers homepage showcases some of the quirky and interesting content that we come across on the Answers site. Typically this content is handpicked by a combination of Yahoo! Answers team members and editorial team members who surf the site looking for interesting questions that might pique your interest.
In addition to the “Best of Answers” module, every so often, a question from Answers is also featured on the Front Page of Yahoo—visible to literally millions of Yahoo! users in a single day.
We know that each day, each of you, come across potentially hundreds of interesting, quirky, and fantastic questions that YOU consider “the best of Answers”—so we want to see them!
What’s the catch, and what are the rules?
- Questions must have been asked and answered within the last 3 months – freshness matters!
- No questions containing profanity, obscenity, relating to sex, alcohol, etc.
- Questions must follow the Community Guidelines
- Answers should be thorough and complete and should NOT be plagiarized. Here’s an example of a good question and answer: Is eating the inside of an orange peel good for you?
- Question and answer should be relatively free from typos and grammatical errors
What do I get if my question is picked?
If we select your question and feature it on either the Yahoo! Front Page or in the “Best of Answers” module, we’ll award whoever suggested the question to us, 100 extra points on Answers.
Ok, so where do I submit my questions?
Think you have a winner on your hands? Submit your questions to us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we select your question, we’ll send you an email notifying you that your question has been selected and you should see the bonus points in your account shortly.
We can’t wait to see what types of questions you send our way, so start searching the site, scouring your watchlist, and sharing your favorites with the team!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!