When visiting Answers, there are three main ways to engage with the members of the community: you can ask a question, answer a question, or vote.
By now, you’ve figured out that asking a question costs you points, and answering a question awards you points. But did you know that you can also earn a point by voting on an answer?
How do I earn (or lose) points on Yahoo! Answers?
- Get a best answer: earn 10 points
- Get a “thumbs up” on your best answer: earn 1 point (max 50)
- Answer a question: earn 2 points
- Choose a best answer for your question: earn 3 points
- Vote for an answer: earn 1 point
- Vote for no best answer: 0 points
- Ask a question: spend 5 points
- No Best Answer was selected by voters on your question: 5 points returned
- Log into Yahoo! Answers: 1 point per day
- Violate the community guidelines: lose 10 points
- Delete an answer: lose 2 points
More details on points and levels can be found here
How can I get to the next level on Answers?
When participating on the site, two tips will help you move from level to level in no time—they are:
- Provide Best Answers—be sure your answers are quality, don’t violate the Community Guidelines and answer the question!
- Search for your question before you ask it: while your question may seem unique, you may be shocked just how many people before you have come to Answers to ask “Why is the sky blue?” – Save your 5 points and use the Advanced Search feature to check the site for similar questions before asking your own.
- Use the “Sort” feature to find questions with the fewest answers- by filtering by the fewest answers you’re naturally “upping your odds” of earning a “Best Answer” as you’ll have fewer other answers to compete against, and, may be providing someone with the perfect answer!
With these tips under your belt, you’ll be at level 7 in no time! Happy answering!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!