Boo! Don’t be scared! Answers will be down this Friday, October 30, starting at 9 p.m. PDT for scheduled maintenance.
During this time, you’ll be unable to access the Answers site, but will be able to:
- Catch up on old posts on the Answers blog
- Stop by the Answers Suggestion Board
- Take part (if you dare) in a Halloween-themed Answers competition (details below)
Additionally, please be aware that the Yamster will be setting back his clocks at 2 a.m. PST on November 1, 2009. During this time, no new questions will show on the Answers pages, but things will be back to normal after one hour.
Answers Halloween Costume Contest
If you’re feeling festive, download the Yamster avatar and dress him up for Halloween! Feel free to add hats, clothing, or whatever you’d like—just be sure to keep it friendly, clean, and compliant with the Answers Community Guidelines.
Sites like Picnik (which is built directly into Yahoo’s own Flickr) offer a full arsenal of Halloween accouterments like masks, spiders, and spooky scenes that would make any Yamster squeal. Be sure to check them out here: http://www.picnik.com/app#/create/seasonal
Or, you can use something like Microsoft Paint, Photoshop, SumoPaint, or any other paint program on the market to edit or enhance an image.
Not a fan of the Yamster? That’s OK, too! You’re welcome to dress up your own personal Avatars in their finest Halloween looks for the competition.
Once you’re through dressing up your Yamster or Avatar, save the image (right click and “save as”) and upload it to your Flickr account. Then, add the image to the Answers Halloween pool—found here: http://flickr.com/groups/answershalloween.
Submissions must be received by 5 p.m. PST on Sunday, November 1. Winner(s) will be posted on the Yahoo! Answers Blog and will receive 100 bonus points on Yahoo! Answers.
- Avatars and/or Yamsters must be submitted to Flickr by 5 p.m. PST on November 1
- Submitted images may only be that of Avatars or of the Yamster—no actual photographs will be accepted or considered
- No real value is given to this prize: winner(s) will receive 100 bonus points on Yahoo! Answers
Good luck, everyone!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!